Velvet Touch Catering
Text or Call 612-913-1365
Velvet Touch Catering is a high quality cater for businesses and individuals.
Learn more, visit www.VelvetTouchCatering.com
This a part-time, hourly position contributes to the fulfillment of Velvet Touch Caterings mission by providing ongoing janitorial, organization and kitchen prep tasks on a regular basis.
This position will responsible for janitorial, organization and kitchen prep tasks on a regular basis and as needed. These tasks include vacuuming, sweeping, mopping and sanitizing kitchen supplies and utensils. In addition, support the kitchen team by providing kitchen preparation including inventory control, receiving orders, and cooler, freezer and dry storage organization; and other duties as assigned.
As with all Velvet Touch Catering staff positions, this position is responsible for helping ensure our customers have an exemplary experience during all interactions with Velvet Touch Catering, and is expected to consistently maintain a high level of customer service to all guests, clients and fellow team members.
• Work directly with Executive Chef on the following:
o Work on your feet to safely and correctly operate all dishwashing equipment
o Clean and sanitize the dish-room all kitchenware including kitchen pots, pans, and utensils.
o Clean and sanitize the baffles in the hoods.
o Keep Tasting area and restrooms clean and organized at all times.
o Keep kitchen area clean and organized at all times, assisting with deliveries and often carrying 50 pounds or more.
o Use all chemicals properly in the correct quantities for safety and cost control.
o Assist in the maintenance, cleanliness, and stocking of kitchen storage areas, including refrigerators and freezers.
o Responsible for removing all kitchen trash and ensure that recycling and compost procedure is being followed.
o Responsible for washing, drying and storing all linens.
o Responsible for washing, drying the kitchen aprons and restocking them for use.
o Ensuring all equipment is properly cleaned.
o Maintain a work environment that is safe, respectful, and productive for everyone.
Kitchen Prep and Support
• Work directly with Chefs to ensure proper food safety.
• Work directly with Chefs to fulfill meal preparation, production and packaging.
• Manage and organize current cleaning supplies and equipment.
• Demonstrate high level of customer service and professional behavior within the kitchen.
• Help ensure Velvet Touch Catering provides an outstanding experience for all employees by regularly seeking out meaningful and positive interactions with them and maintaining a positive, friendly and helpful attitude at all times.
• Assist with the setup for offsite catering events.
• Assist in the organization of the mobile kitchen storage area, including catering supplies.
• Other Duties as assigned by the Executive Chef.
• Experience in commercial kitchen environment.
• Basic culinary skills.
• Strong janitorial skills.
• Great organizational skills and ability to adapt quickly to the changing needs of the business.
• The drive and ability to learn new techniques and skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Sensitivity to diversity and ability to work respectfully with wide array of co-workers and members of the community.
• High work ethic and demonstrated reliability.
• Ability to multi-task and keep composure while working under pressure during busy periods.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
• Flexible schedule with ability to work weeknights or weekends.
• Ability to adhere to attendance and punctuality requirements, to meet time-sensitive client and business needs.
• A passion for the mission and values of Velvet Touch Catering.
• Able to frequently lift and carry food, beverage and other items greater up to 50 pounds and able to transport up to 70 pounds.
• Able to stand for long periods of time.
• Able to stand, sit, walk, bend, stoop and twist. Requires full range of motion, manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires corrected vision, full color vision, sense of smell and taste, and hearing to normal range.
• Able to operate standard kitchen dishwashing equipment.
• Able to operate standard office cleaning machines such as floor scrubber, carpet cleaners, loading dock materials.
Reports to: Executive Chef
Hours: 28 hours per week, requires availability to work on Saturdays
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter detailing pertinent experience to:
• Email: JonLonn@Hotmail.com
• Mail: 123 Main St E, New Prague MN 56071
• NO CALLS PLEASE
Compensation $14 per hour
Velvet Touch Catering is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, gender, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, size, physical ability or socioeconomic status. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity EmploymentType your paragraph here.